From the Scholarship Office, a huge opportunity . . .
2014 Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation’s top community college students to complete their bachelor’s degrees by transferring to a four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $30,000 per year to deserving students, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.
The application for the 2014 Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is now open. We write to inform you of two big changes to the application process:
- Faculty Representative role has changed: Students are no longer required to be nominated by the faculty representative in order to compete for this scholarship. This means that community colleges are not limited to between two and four nominees as had been the case previously. All eligible applicants may apply. (Students will be required to take an eligibility quiz.)
- Two-Phase Application Process:
- All eligible applicants may access the online application via the Foundation’s website to complete a Phase One application. The Phase One application closes November 7, 2013 at noon (central time).
- If an applicant is selected as a semifinalist based on the Phase One application, the applicant will be invited to submit additional information in Phase Two of the application process. Phase Two of the application closes January 16, 2014 at noon (central time).
**FROM THE JKC FOUNDATION—WEBINAR FOR STUDENTS/RECENT ALUMNI:
- The JKC Foundation will host a webinar for current community college students and recent alumni interested in applying to the Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship. This webinar will explain the minimum eligibility requirements; the application and selection process; as well as answer any questions attendees may have.
- The webinar will take place on Wednesday, September 25 at 4:00 pm (ET).
- Please forward this email to any of your current or former students that you feel would make excellent applicants.
- ——————————————————- To join the online meeting ——————————————————- 1. Go to https://communique.webex.com/communique/j.php?ED=249409542&UID=0&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D 2. Enter your name and email address. 3. Click “Join”.
- Topic: The JKCF Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
- Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013
- Time: 4:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
- Meeting Number: 594 559 270
- Lastly, please follow the Foundation on Twitter @TheJKCF for updates on our scholarships.
NOTE: For questions about the JKCF application process, or for help with the application form, please contact them online at: https://www.act.org/host/jkc/contact.html.