The Pulitzer Center is interested in reporting projects that focus on topics and regions of global importance, with an emphasis on issues that have gone unreported or under-reported in the mainstream American media. The Pulitzer Center’s definition of “crisis” is broad – it is not limited to “conflict” reporting. We see great value in covering the too often under-reported systemic level crises, from environmental issues and struggles for resources or human rights abuses, to post-conflict reconstruction, or brewing ethnic tensions. We are interested in the stories that would typically not make the headlines without our support.
The Finch College Alumnae Association Foundation makes it possible for today’s women to continue college and begin preparing for professional careers. Funds for programs are raised through generous donations by alumnae, annual dues, and fundraising events held throughout the year. A one-time $2000 grant will be awarded, which may be used for tuition, fees, books, and/or equipment required for course instruction. The award may not be used for graduate study.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Current second year female students aged 22 and above
- who are enrolled at community colleges in the states of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
- who have maintained a 3.5 grade point average
- and who are transferring to four-year institutions in the Fall
*There are no restrictions or limitations based upon race, ethnicity or the employment status of the prospective recipient. The grant is based on merit, courses and goals.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the online application form, found at: http://finchcollege.org/FinchOnlineApplicationForm.pdf
- Submit a narrative of less than 1,000 words stating why you should receive the Finch grant (most important)
- Attach a current resume of study and work experience
- Attach your college transcript(s)
- Submit two letters of recommendation (in pdf) from faculty members who can attest to your work experience and academic achievements
- Provide proof of age over 22: copy of driver’s license, passport, etc.
- EMAIL APPLICATION AND ATTACHMENTS (PDF ONLY) TO: SCHOLARSHIPS@FINCHCOLLEGE.ORG
Completed applications must be received BEFORE May 15th
For further information, visit www.FinchCollege.org.