Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation’s top community college students to complete their bachelor’s degrees by transferring to a four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year to deserving students selected annually, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees – for the final two to three years necessary to achieve a bachelor’s degree. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition, as well as on other grants or scholarships the student may receive.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2014, or a recent graduate (since spring 2010).
- Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2015.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
- Have not previously been nominated for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship.
- Have not previously attended a four-year institution.
Please Note: Students who have attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship. (If you started at a four-year institution, but did not complete a semester of full-time study, then you may be eligible. Please contact the JKC Foundation to verify your eligibility.) Students who have already transferred to a four-year institution, or who plan to transfer beginning Spring 2015, are also not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Application instructions may be found at: http://www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/undergraduate-transfer/application-material/?&__hssc=32949793.23.1413295163221&__hstc=32949793.62d4873a3d168f15902731e8ad2677b4.1413226990829.1413226990829.1413295163221.2&hsCtaTracking=c3b4334e-ac9b-4514-9bf4-cf648f61bc7e%7Cb978eca7-5934-4712-9a77-831b73167468
The application deadline is DECEMBER 2, 2014.
For further information, please contact the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation at: https://jkcf-undergraduatetransfer.scholarsapply.org/Contact-Us; or call 1-855-509-5253.