|Community college sophomores and recent graduates are eligible for this scholarship. Recipients are awarded up to $40,000 per year to complete their bachelor’s degree, in addition to opportunities for internships, study abroad, and graduate school funding.|
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
• Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2016, or a recent graduate (since spring 2012).
• Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2017.
• Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
• Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
• Have not previously enrolled at or attended a four-year institution.
Please Note: Students who have attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship. (If you started at a four-year institution, but did not complete a semester of full-time study, then you may be eligible. Please contact the JKC Foundation to verify your eligibility.)
Students who have already transferred to a four-year institution or plan to transfer to start during the spring 2017 semester are also not eligible for this scholarship.
Apply online at: http://outreach.jkcf.org/ut-apply/?utm_campaign=2017_UT_Outreach&utm_medium=Button&utm_source=Website&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jkcf.org%2Fscholarship-programs%2Fundergraduate-transfer%2F.
The deadline for all application materials is October 25, 2016 at noon ET.