Please check the calendar for the confirmed dates for the Final Presentation and dress rehearsal. The presentation is on May 17, and the rehearsal is May 15.
Hi everyone. Here are some sample proposals from the last couple of years to use as examples for your proposals due at the end of the month. Please note that these are not meant to represent the “right” way to do it, and we do not require a particular format, as each project may have different requirements. You might also search for project proposal templates online to help you get started. We can discuss these and your format/content questions at our meeting this week.
Don’t forget that your community service groups’ mission statements are due at our Davis Scholars meeting this Thursday. Please bring a print-out of the statement labeled with a group name (can be a “working title”) and the names of the members of the group.
Our weekly Davis Scholars meeting this Thursday, October 20, is canceled due to scheduling conflicts. Please use the time to meet with your group and work on your project planning.
- Remember that Mission Statements are due next Thursday, October 27.
- Formal proposals will be due at our last meeting in November.
- Don’t forget to complete your Personal Statement in your profile online.
Let’s start brainstorming ideas for community service projects and/or populations you would like to help. Use the Comment section at the end of this post to write your ideas. Comment on each other’s posts as well.
This is just a reminder that we will be taking our field trip to the Prospector Theater in Ridgefield, CT this Thursday. We will all meet in front of the Gateway building at 2PM and will leave shortly thereafter. After the activities at the theater, we will have dinner together at Dr. Maida’s house which is near the theater. The van will return you to campus by around 8PM.
See you Thursday!
It was really great meeting all of you at the interviews over the summer and in our first meetings. You all seem to have some really great ideas and unique perspectives. Since the next few weeks we will be busy with field trips and guest speakers, let’s use our online community to share some community service ideas in between meetings. Post some of your ideas here as replies to this post. Don’t worry about whether your idea is workable or not. Let’s get as many ideas out there and then start narrowing down the best of them. If you don’t have a clear idea for a project, post a message about your interests and/or a population you’d like to help and maybe we’ll be able to come up with a project idea together.
|Community college sophomores and recent graduates are eligible for this scholarship. Recipients are awarded up to $40,000 per year to complete their bachelor’s degree, in addition to opportunities for internships, study abroad, and graduate school funding.|
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
• Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2016, or a recent graduate (since spring 2012).
• Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2017.
• Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
• Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
• Have not previously enrolled at or attended a four-year institution.
Please Note: Students who have attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship. (If you started at a four-year institution, but did not complete a semester of full-time study, then you may be eligible. Please contact the JKC Foundation to verify your eligibility.)
Students who have already transferred to a four-year institution or plan to transfer to start during the spring 2017 semester are also not eligible for this scholarship.
Apply online at: http://outreach.jkcf.org/ut-apply/?utm_campaign=2017_UT_Outreach&utm_medium=Button&utm_source=Website&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jkcf.org%2Fscholarship-programs%2Fundergraduate-transfer%2F.
The deadline for all application materials is October 25, 2016 at noon ET.